Jenna and Tom
– Married –
– April 2022 –
Loch Lomond, Scottish Highlands
Loch lomond elopement
Tom and Jenna
by The Sassenachs
I received an email less than 24 hours before from a slightly worried Tom with the news that road closures meant that Loch Arklet was not an option.
A couple of phone calls later and we came up with the idea of Rowardennan on the East Shore of Loch Lomond. And it was perfect. The weather was wonderfully Scottish with great mood and drama.
Lastly, we wanna give a shout out to the wee cottage where they got ready – The Creinch on Loch Lomond. If you need a place to stay before your Loch Lomond elopement you will not go wrong with this place. It is right on the waterfront. Perfect.
If you are looking for a Scotland Elopement Photographer we would love to hear from you! Check out our portfolio, pricing or just get in touch!
See their real
loch lomond elopement
Loch Lomond: The Ideal Destination for Eloping
As a photographer, I have had the privilege of capturing many special moments in my clients’ lives. Whether that be a Scottish elopement or a traditional wedding day.
One of my favorite places to work is Loch Lomond, a stunning loch in Scotland that is quickly becoming one of the most popular destinations for couples who want to elope. Whether that is because of the natural beauty of the Loch or the pet friendly nature of the area
In this article, I will share with you why Loch Lomond is the ideal location for eloping, including its proximity to Edinburgh and Glasgow.
About Loch Lomond
Loch Lomond is the largest freshwater loch in Scotland, stretching over 24 miles and covering an area of around 27 square miles. The loch is surrounded by stunning hills and mountains, making it the perfect place for nature lovers and adventure seekers. Loch Lomond is also home to several small islands, each with its own unique history and beauty.
Eloping at Loch Lomond
Eloping at Loch Lomond is the perfect way for couples to exchange their vows in a peaceful and serene setting, surrounded by the stunning scenery of the Scottish Highlands. Whether you prefer a traditional ceremony or a more intimate, relaxed exchange of vows, Loch Lomond has something for everyone. The loch is also home to several wedding venues, including castle ruins and quaint, romantic cottages.
Distance from Edinburgh and Glasgow
Loch Lomond is just a short drive from both Edinburgh and Glasgow, making it an accessible destination for couples who want to elope. Edinburgh is located just 40 miles to the southeast of Loch Lomond, while Glasgow is just 30 miles to the west. This makes it easy for couples to travel to the loch from either city, whether they are flying into Edinburgh or Glasgow International Airport or taking the train.
We always recommend Humanist Weddings if you are not opting for a religious ceremony. The Humanist Society Scotland is the place to go to find your celebrant but we are always happy to help with recommendations. Find them here.
Why Choose Loch Lomond for Your Elopement
There are many reasons why couples choose Loch Lomond for their elopement, including:
- Stunning scenery: The loch is surrounded by stunning hills and mountains, making it the perfect backdrop for your elopement. Whether you prefer a traditional ceremony where you can legally marry or a more intimate, relaxed exchange of vows in a symbolic ceremony, the scenery of Loch Lomond is sure to take your breath away.
- Convenient location: Loch Lomond is just a short drive from both Edinburgh and Glasgow, making it an accessible destination for couples who want to elope. This makes it easy for couples to travel to the loch from either city, whether they are flying into Edinburgh or Glasgow International Airport or taking the train.
- Romantic atmosphere: The peaceful and serene setting of Loch Lomond, combined with the stunning scenery, creates a truly romantic atmosphere. Whether you are planning a traditional ceremony or a more intimate, relaxed exchange of vows, the loch is the perfect place to start your life together.
- Versatile venue options: The Loch Lomond area is home to several wedding venues, including castles and quaint, romantic cottages. Whether you prefer a traditional ceremony or a more unique, relaxed exchange of vows, the loch has something for everyone and is the perfect Scottish Adventure. What better place to begin your married life?
As a photographer, I can tell you that eloping at Loch Lomond is a truly magical experience. The stunning scenery, peaceful atmosphere, and convenient location make it the perfect destination for couples who want to exchange their vows in a unique and romantic setting. If you are considering eloping at Loch Lomond, I would love to be a part of your special day and capture all of the memories that you will cherish for a lifetime.
5 of the best locations for your Loch Lomond elopement
- Sallochy Bay: Sallochy Bay is a stunning and secluded bay located on the southeastern shore of Loch Lomond. With its tranquil waters and picturesque surroundings, it is the perfect location for an intimate and romantic elopement.
- Balmaha Beach: Balmaha Beach is a sandy beach located on the northeastern shore of Loch Lomond. With its clear waters and stunning views of the surrounding hills and mountains, it is a popular location for outdoor ceremonies. Walk for 10 minutes along the well maintained path to find several secluded spots – it will be like being on your own private beach!
- Rowardennan Beach: Rowardennan Beach is another stunning sandy beach on the eastern shore of Loch Lomond. It is a secluded and peaceful location, surrounded by stunning hills and mountains, making it the perfect location for a private and intimate elopement.
- Millarochy Bay: On the East of Loch Lomond, not far from Balmaha is Millarochy Bay. Popular with wild swimmers and paddle boarding this Loch beach is home to the famous lone tree. It would provide a beautiful backdrop for your elopement. Dog friendly with excellent parking facilities, this bay is the perfect spot if you are having a few guests or family members
- Falls of Falloch Waterfall: Falls of Falloch is a stunning waterfall located on the western shore of Loch Lomond. Make your way from the car park and within minutes find yourself in front of a pretty impressive waterfall. Please note that this waterfall can get very busy in Summer months and is probably only suitable for a very early morning or winter wedding.
Loch Lomond is quickly becoming one of the most popular destinations for couples who want to elope. With its stunning scenery, convenient location , romantic atmosphere, and versatile venue options, it’s no wonder why more and more couples are choosing this beautiful loch as the place to start their lives together.
As a photographer, I can attest to the beauty and serenity of Loch Lomond. Ben Lomond stands proud on the East overlooking the huge Loch. The natural surroundings make it an ideal location for an elopement wedding ceremony, whether you’re looking for a traditional ceremony or a more intimate, relaxed exchange of vows.
So if you’re thinking of eloping in Scotland, consider the breathtaking Loch Lomond. The stunning scenery, convenient location, and romantic atmosphere make it the perfect place for you and your partner to start your journey together.
In conclusion, if you’re looking for a unique and unforgettable way to exchange your vows, Loch Lomond should definitely be at the top of your list of potential elopement destinations. Whether you prefer a traditional ceremony or a more relaxed and intimate exchange of vows, the loch offers something for everyone. So, what are you waiting for?
Thanks so much for reading. Check out our other real weddings by clicking on our blog or why not check out this Scottish Castle Wedding?